Remodeling the bathroom is one of the best ways to get a house ready for sale. Bathroom remodels are next after kitchen remodels in raising the value of your home’s sales.Checkout Mclean Bathroom Remodeling for more info.
Remodeling ideas for the bathroom need not be reserved for a house to be rented though. You can now enjoy a remodeling of the bathroom, and that it will be an asset when the time comes to sell the house.
The bathrooms at the home are the heavy duty quarters. They are getting a lot of wear and tear, as such. We are also seen several times a day. Remodels for the bathroom will help keep your baths look good and work properly.
A bathroom can be remodelled in many respects. Here are a few ideas.
- Wall Tiles: Some contractors say 4 by 4 inch wall tiles are obsolete. Replace them with ceramic tiles glazed by 8 by 13 inches. The new tiles will be appealing and will help prevent molding. These will also prevent damage to your lower walls from splashing from the faucets. Paint the upper walls as part of your bathroom remodeling and run a decorative tiling border between the lower wall tiles and the higher, white wall.
- Floor tiles: Visible, light flooring can create an increased sense of space. If your bathroom remodeling project is diagonally install 12 by 12 inch light-colored floor tiles, at least in part because your bathroom looks small. The lines and the hue of the light would give far more room to the illusion.
- Heated floor: Consider heated flooring as part of your bathroom remodeling project before laying those floor tiles. They’ll be enjoyed by your entire family and when it comes to selling your house, heated bathroom floors will be a huge selling point.
- Vanity: Use the remodelling of your bathroom as an opportunity to get safe, clean lines. Replace vanity with a new type of “floating” that doesn’t touch the ground. Choose one with a countertop of granite, or marble. When you’re finished, your bathroom remodeling project will allow you to remove kitchen countertops later, if you like the granite. With one of the latest sinks in the vessel you might want a granite vanity counter.
- Faucets: Faucets are a wonderful place to start a bathroom remodeling project, at the sink and shower. Faucets were once considered utilitarian and became fashionable fixtures. You can replace yours with antique Victorian faucets at little expense, or sleek bamboo faucets that resemble the bamboo fountain in an Asian garden.
- Toilets: Relocating a toilet will call for significant remodeling of bathrooms. Nonetheless, removing it is a simpler task, and can upgrade an old bathroom easily. If you want to upgrade your bath any further, consider adding a bidet. This project may include a contractor for the bathroom remodeling.
- Lighting: Much remodeling of the bathroom falls short of its target because it requires the overhead lighting to stay. Although moisture-resistant lights above the tub or shower can be helpful, you can replace an overhead light with wall lights to maximize your bath value.
- Shower: Consider adding a separate shower to your bath room, if space allows. Leave the tub in for a spa-like escape, but also add a body spray shower. Look for a shower that has stone surround tile, if you like the natural, spa concept. This concept for the bathroom remodeling is bound to increase your home’s value.
- Colors: The easiest, and often successful, bathroom remodeling project is changing the colors in the bathroom. When remodeling the bathroom is undertaken to improve the home value for sale, avoid odd combinations of colours. Apply the tried and true rule of 60-30-10 to your colours: 60% of your bathroom should be a primary colour, 30% a secondary colour, and 10% an accent colour.
There are many suggestions for bathroom remodeling, as people have many different tastes. Various locations motivate different ideas too. Remodeling of the bathroom in Seattle is expected to vary from remodeling of the bathroom in Pensacola. Several things will come to bear on remodeling ideas in your bathroom, but in the end you will create something that is comfortable and practical for you and your family.